With world events overtaking the tech world’s preferences to meet for coffees and convene at events, Y Combinator skipped its famous two-day live Demo event and went for a radical experiment: no demos at all, but instead a long list of the nearly 200 startups in its Winter 2020 batch, with links to their sites and one-page slides. We’ve done the legwork for you in giving you a full rundown of who does what, and we have also come together on a group video chat on Zoom to talk through our takeaways of the format this year (missed it? here’s the recording). Now, in no particular order, here is our shortlist of some of our overall favorites.
- Mayor warns virus crisis could ‘bankrupt’ city
- Andy Cole: I dont know how Ive done it. Some days are a total blur | Donald McRae
- A Poison Plot in Prague May Be Pure Propagandaor Business as Usual for Vladimir Putin
- For MLS, anything less than astronomical losses could be a victory
- Holding Tokyo Olympics in 2021 ‘difficult’, Japan medical association chief warns